~ MOURNING SILHOUETTE ~

Irishwhistler

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
DSC08936_Fotor.jpg

~ Mourning Silhouette ~ A Mourning Dove is seen against the early evening sky.

Mike ☘️

I did wonder why 'Mourning' but I see it's a species of dove. Another good idea. Personally I'd have had it further to the left but that's just my opinion;)

The 3rds rule can be ignored if the photographer has good reason to do so and since I'm not a mind reader and can't see the original pic I'll just assume you're an accomplished photographer that had a good reason for putting the bird where you did and say nice pic! It's very pretty and moody.

I am always reminded of probably my most favorite cinematic jewel when I see a Mourning Dove: Lonesome Dove ( of course! ). @Space Face Hearing the call of one of these will let you know instantly why they are called so. Very melancholy sound. If I remember correctly, they mate for life and are really very adept at showing fondness for one another.
This is a great subject for a silhouette, sir.

I've no idea where the 'rule of thirds' came into the equation.

However, I see nothing wrong in offering a subjective opinion. It is, after all, just that an opinion. One to be agreed/disagreed with, ignored, taken on board whatever. Isn't that what Forums are for?

I've no idea where the 'rule of thirds' came into the equation.

However, I see nothing wrong in offering a subjective opinion. It is, after all, just that an opinion. One to be agreed/disagreed with, ignored, taken on board whatever. Isn't that what Forums are for?

I mention the 3rds rule because it's something that is very close to matching your expectations of the subject being toward the outside but where the subject is put is relative because there is no written rule as to where it should go exactly.

I like the silhouette. Did you give any thought to trying it as a B&W?

Love it!

Most reactions

Back