Movie Review - The Day The Earth Stood Still

Dmitri

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Don't read if you don't wanna know anything about the movie...

I have never seen the original so I went into this open and fresh. And so I say: Lubricate your eyeballs, as they will roll uncontrollably. The movie itself was ok, special effects were very nice, but there is so much corn it's annoying. From the evil government to the poorly acted child with mental issues, from the struggling single mother to "love saves the day!" - it had it all. On a bright note, tho, Keanu Reeves complete lack of acting ability serves him well here.

I'm not in the movie business and don't know enough about it to know whether the fault lies with the director, casting, actors, screenplay, whatever - but something went wrong here. :thumbdown:

Wow they took one of those movies that you watch to have a good laugh and it looks like they tried to make it int a Sci-Fi movie.

Don't read if you don't wanna know anything about the movie...
On a bright note, tho, Keanu Reeves complete lack of acting ability serves him well here.

LOL, I have to agree with that! He's not exactly top shelf, is he? :lmao::lmao:

Im not even thinking of seeing this movie, even when it is on free TV. Im tired of Hollywierd screwing up classic movies with their new visions.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back