Mozilla

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by Darfion, Mar 26, 2004.

1. GimpyPoop

GimpyPoop TPF Noob!

Yo,
    I am TRYING my best to use Mozilla Firebird more and more over Internet Explorer, but it's hard to teach an old dog new tricks!
    Me, the Flea

2. Harpper

Harpper TPF Noob!

What do you need to know? Generally speaking most browsers are pretty similar in their basic functions. I'm sure people here are willing to help you. I know I will as long as I know the answer.

3. GerryDavid

GerryDavid No longer a newbie, moving up!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    I would use firefox more but some programs like to open pages with IE, like msn likes to open hotmail in ie, etc. Any fix for that?

4. Harpper

Harpper TPF Noob!

I don't use msn so I don't know if this will solve your problem, but if file are opening with IE as default you just have to make Mozilla/Firebird as the default browser. You can do this by going to preference>navigator> and then click on the "set as default" button on the right. I use Mozilla so it might be a little different in Firebird.

You can also do it the long way by going to control panel>folder options> and then scroll down to find "htm" and "html". Just change the program used to open it from IE to Firebird. You can then scroll down the list and change all IE files to Firebird. You might want to do then one at a time to see which solve your problem rather then changing all of them.

5. GerryDavid

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Mozilla is set as my default browser. But since msn is an ms product, its no surprise it aims for ie to open its content in. I also went into the file directory thing and set htm and html to open in mozilla.

6. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I think he means that certain sites will only work in IE. Hotmail is a Microsoft site, so they make sure that it doesn't work with anything else.

7. GerryDavid

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Thats odd, hotmail works fine with mozilla. From what ive seen at least.

8. Harpper

Harpper TPF Noob!

Wait, is it opening IE when you click on a link or something like that or is msn not working properly on Mozilla?

Sometimes when you set Mozilla as default browser with the preference button it doesn't always use Mozilla to open every browser related files. I had that problem for awhile too so you have to scroll down the folder opens window and find out what else opens with IE. Usually changing them to Mozilla will solve that problem. It's not only "htm" and "html" files that use IE.

9. markc

markc TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

Oops. Nevermind then. (They used to.) I blundered in when I should have just kept my trap shut. :roll: