MPix Printing Options? Material

Jermz_01

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So many have suggested using Mpix to get prints done... no problem...

my question - the differences on material (traditional color paper vs. metallic paper)??

I've just always gone to Kinko's and printed there (yes, simple and lame, but it impresses people who know nothing about photography - haha)

all that aside, I'm looking to print this picture (well, actually the bigger non-saved-for-web version... but):
http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=113926

what material should I choose? I've read through... but it's just not sticking in my head.

Thanks!

You'll be happy with both.. Metallic gives your pic a kind of cool shiny look, but it's totally unneccesary.

Just go with whatever you think you want, you'll probably be happy with either.

Why not contact Mpix customer service or mabye if they have a tech line. I am sure if you present the image o them they might be able to tell you if it would benefit from printing on the metallic paper. I have never used the metallic but from the looks of it on the Mpix site certain images would benefit from it more than others.

Metallic looks great with metallic colors (golds, silvers), pictures that contain reflections, and landscapes in general..."drama" is good with the metallic paper.

I wouldn't use it on portraits, however.

Why not contact Mpix customer service or mabye if they have a tech line. I am sure if you present the image o them they might be able to tell you if it would benefit from printing on the metallic paper. I have never used the metallic but from the looks of it on the Mpix site certain images would benefit from it more than others.

you know... I'm a bit embarrassed to say I never thought to do that... haha

I don't shoot portraits (or people at all really) - well, at least don't shoot right now...

I think the metallic might be a good option for the landscape, to help bring the extreme colors to life.

I guess we'll be the guinea pig and try it out! :thumbup:

thanks!

I've been happy with the metallic prints that I've got from Mpix. I think it could look pretty good with the colors in the sky.

i didnt understand either so I ordered a sample of all their types. Was very satisfied with them

Most reactions

Back