What's new

Mrs. Stern

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member 📸
Joined
Sep 2, 2005
Messages
14,457
Reaction score
3,329
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My daughter recently attended a field trip to our last remaining one-room schoolhouse here in my town. (we used to have 3) Anyway, I had the opportunity to shoot the event and one of the things they wanted was for the pictures to look old-fashioned.

Now, I've recently been struggling with the fact that old-fashioned to most people seems to mean sepia-toned, but that's really not old-fashioned... it's just, well, sepia toned. :) It's only a part of the equation.

So I wanted a better old look, but I also had to do this to some 250 pictures... so it had to be something that could be automated via an action script in photoshop. ALSO... I wanted to "cheat" as little as possible (granted that Photoshop in general is cheating. :lol:), so I allowed myself to only use the tools available to me in photoshop.

Anyway, after a bit of research, lots of time staring at old pictures, and a bit of finagling, I finally came up with an end result I'm pretty happy with.

Here's an example of the end result...

Boxborough%20One%20Room%20Schoolhouse%202010%20-%20141%20final.jpg


Anyway, just wanted to share.
 
Very well done. It does look old for sure. I like the expression on the lady's face. Mission accomplished :thumbup:
 
Good stuff! It truly does look old fashioned. The only suggestion I could throw in would be to add in a few blotches and stains to make it look like the photo has been around a long time and seen some wear and tear.

Dan
 
  • Thread Starter 🔹
  • Moderator 🛠️
  • #4
Thanks guys!

I had considered the stains and blotches but decided it would be too overt and noticably the same on 250 pictures (since I'm doing this in batches).
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom