Mt Hamilton Fire

nmoody

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The roads have opened to one of the areas near me that had a pretty large fire. This one was just under 400k acres SCU Lightning Complex | Welcome to CAL FIRE This fire was caused by lightning strike and since we had very little rain this year spread fast and far.

1. Fireroad doing its job
_DSC0599.jpg

2. Burnt hills as far as I could see
_DSC0707.jpg

3. Some areas looking like oasis's were spared
_DSC0713.jpg

4. Other areas just completely burned
_DSC0752.jpg

5. Not all is charred to the ground and some still stand, but will it grow again?
_DSC0669.jpg

Was rather hard to see all this, a very surreal experience. Normally this landscape is beautiful golden grass flowing in the breeze with bushes and trees scattered about for pops of green. It pained me greatly.

Decent set there. I particularly like the road leading the eye in on the first.

Decent set there. I particularly like the road leading the eye in on the first.

Thank you, I had like 5 or so good shots similar to that one that I had a lot of trouble deciding between. I loved the contrast between the sides and was exactly the type of shot I wanted when setting out on the road.

Great shots.

To me #4 by it very nature, says black and white.

So sad. Glad you are capturing it. In a couple years do a before and after for us.

A shame to see this happen, but you have documented it well and I particularly like the first shot.

This winter when the rains finally come it’s going to be a different nightmare.

Great shots.

To me #4 by it very nature, says black and white.

Thank you!

So sad. Glad you are capturing it. In a couple years do a before and after for us.

There is another area that is full of redwoods im looking to do the same with once those roads are opened again. This is the goal, I want to go back to these locations and show the progress they make. #1 will be the quickest to recover which should be mostly back to normal next summer I assume.

A shame to see this happen, but you have documented it well and I particularly like the first shot.

Thank you, im also partial to that one too.

This winter when the rains finally come it’s going to be a different nightmare.

Yeah all the trees, brush and other plant life holding the ground in place are gone. Lots of landslides will happen the first good rain we get.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back