Mud Bog in Michigan (Pic heavy, 10 images)

jcdeboever

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
These are my favorite 10 images (4 - 24 exp rolls) outside what I posted in "post your fav" . These were all shot in zone focus on a Canon EOS 1, EF 35-350, Kodak Ultramax 400 (@200), Arista C41 Liquid kit, Pacific Prime XAs.

top ten eos1umax400 (1).jpg

top ten eos1umax400 (2).jpg

top ten eos1umax400 (3).jpg

top ten eos1umax400 (4).jpg

top ten eos1umax400 (5).jpg

top ten eos1umax400 (6).jpg

top ten eos1umax400 (7).jpg

top ten eos1umax400 (8).jpg

top ten eos1umax400 (9).jpg

top ten eos1umax400 (10).jpg

Glorious mud-splosions so nicely rendered on film. great exposures, great set. Cool trucks.

Glorious mud-splosions so nicely rendered on film. great exposures, great set. Cool trucks.

Thanks bud. This Canon EOS 1 is a beast, literally 7.5 pounds with the 35-350 lens, I use a monopod. It has the built in baterry grip (8 AA's). The meter on it is fantastic. I shot all the rolls 1 stop over (200 ISO). Minimal blown highlights. Evaluative metered. I set the camera up for center point, single point focus but decided for this to just MF zone, they were far away and I had it racked to 350mm at f/8. Beautiful, big viewfinder. Fantastic ergo for my big paws. The dedicated 35mm film scanner is great, does the whole roll, just walk away. Linux VueScan. Minimal edit for dust, little crops,,and resize.

Great set JC. They give you a sense of actually being there. In my younger days I would have been another duck in the puddle, but now days it's to much work to clean up all the dirt.

The dedicated 35mm film scanner is great, does the whole roll, just walk away. Linux VueScan. Minimal edit for dust, little crops,,and resize.
Interesting, this is a new scanner? Sounds nice to just place the roll in. Greens have a unique minty look. I end up spending a lot of time viewing these really captivating.

Interesting, this is a new scanner? Sounds nice to just place the roll in. Greens have a unique minty look. I end up spending a lot of time viewing these really captivating.
Yes. A Pacicific Prime XAs. VueScan software. Load the roll and let it do its thing. Walk away. The scans are better than the enhanced scans from a lab. I was surprised at how well it does for c41. Minimal edit. I have scanned both Ultramax 400 and fuji superia 400, very impressed. I still use my Epson for larger formats.

Great set JC. They give you a sense of actually being there. In my younger days I would have been another duck in the puddle, but now days it's to much work to clean up all the dirt.
Thanks bud. That was one of my objectives. One thing I would have done differently would have been to bring another roll of film. I noticed some potential close up of muddy monsters on the way back to my vehicle but I was out of film. Learned a lesson.

The mud looks 3D. Great set!
Thanks Cheryl, I am very happy with this old L lens and the way it renders. It is a push pull design and has a wonky tension ring that adds to its uniqueness. Most people are annoyed by the design but I get along with it fine. 35-350 is very useful focal range but it doesn't hold focus like my nikkor 50-150 did throughout the range. I guess that's due to it being an AF lens. I didn't use it this way this day, I MF zoned it and had it racked out on most of the shots. The rendering reminds me a lot of the Nikkor 25-50 f/4 AIS, not the sharpest lenses but unique on how they draw the image. They have a certain look that I can't describe but see. I got it for a steal. I made a low offer and they accepted it. The one draw back is the weight, 3lbs! I use it on a monopod to save my lower back.

Most reactions

Back