Multiple DSLR Camera wifi Access Network

nadun911

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
We are a group of photographers who do event photography coverage also.
so we have to do instant printing. normally we do removing camera's chips and copy all the pictures and print it. That is very difficult thing.

I appreciate if someone can give a solution for this.

dlsr network.jpg

I have shot events and printed on site with 2 dye sub printers and it is much easier having someone collecting cards

I think each camera would have to be set as a WiFi access Point. It would not be easy, maybe not even doable. I get a headache just thinking how I could pull that off. I agree with gsgary.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk

I think each camera would have to be set as a WiFi access Point. It would not be easy, maybe not even doable. I get a headache just thinking how I could pull that off. I agree with gsgary.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
There are too many things to go wrong, when I was shooting events there could have been 6 areana's being shot shooting and transferring via wifi is too much of a headache

if there is a lot of distance between camera and printer I would look at a sub team with phone connection to e-mail / message the pics. Still have to transport pics to customer but saved 1 journey.

The problem with tethering a computer to a DSLR is the computer usually takes command of the camera. This would render the camera unusable until the computer is disconnected from it. So while the camera is just sitting there offloading files, why not just swap cards out instead?

Most reactions

Back