What's new

Multnomah

Beautiful picture! I love the color in the plants. :)
 
Beautiful place!!
 
It is a beautiful place. You photograph comes out quite bright and flat. The subject is very dramatic, but your photograph is not visually dramatic, and thus fails to support the subject particularly well.

Good choice of a place to stand, good subject, good colors, wrong time if day I would venture.
 
This looks great to me. When I visited Multnomah Falls I wasn't able to get a single shot as good as this one. The only thing that doesn't look perfect to me is the top of the highlighted trees on the right – they look a tad too bright... but other than that this one's a winner.
 
My monitor is fine. There's very little shadow, just light shade in this. Everything is wide open. The greens feel a little too yellow to me, as well, and the whole thing is bright and poppy.

Now, it's been a few years since I lived in OR, but I remember that things are wildly green and lush, but that bright yellowish green tone reads wrong to me. I remember is as a darker, more somber tone. Possibly because it's raining all the damn time, and maybe it DOES look like that on a sunny day.

Anyways. Normally I tell people to dial the damn contrast down, but for a dramatic shot like this you want the tonal drama.

- pulled most of the tones down with a curve adjustment, except the highest ones
- desaturate a hair
- color balance -yellow/+blue until I liked the fir tree on top of the cliff

ETA: Note perfect balance of tonality and drama and also that unpopular is both dumb and blind! <-- no smiley, but that's a joke, 'kay?
 

Attachments

  • $foo.webp
    $foo.webp
    253.6 KB · Views: 88
Last edited:
Although I enjoy the bright, poppy tones in Rotanimod's original, I like the depth of amolitor's rendition.....Is there a way to have both in one?
 
I like the shot and do not think it is flat ... the color is just a little too intense, back the color off a little especially the green/yellow...Great job and the double falls make it.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom