What's new

Mundane, plain and square

sashbar

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Dec 13, 2012
Messages
3,044
Reaction score
1,183
Location
Behind the Irony Curtain
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Digging some mundane stuff around the house (On my way to the school with kids).

$Red Door web.webp


$Yellow square web.webp


$Fire 2 web.webp


$Window eye web.webp
 
Last edited:
The first two are reasonable (perhaps because I find the geometry interesting), but, for me anyway, mundane is precisely what photos of banal subjects shouldn't be; otherwise there is the danger of their being a bit boring.
 
The first two are reasonable (perhaps because I find the geometry interesting), but, for me anyway, mundane is precisely what photos of banal subjects shouldn't be; otherwise there is the danger of their being a bit boring.

Thanks Peter for your comment, I am not surprised at all that it does look mundane. This is all about small details that are interesting to me but may be of no interest at all to others, as you rightly mentioned.
The red door is in my daughter's school parking and every time it was lit by the side morning sun I was fascinated by the combination of rails and shadows that looks like a Chinese hyeroglyph.
The second one is there as well, the mundane rail for some reason ends with a bright yellow square that turns into a golden bullion every time it is lit buy the sun, and here is exactly what happened - the "golden" end of the rail is lit while the rest is in shadow, which is kind of interesting to me.
With the fire truck I like the yellow hat and strong colors
And with the window I like the shape of an eye where the window itself become a rectangular pupil. So everyone looking through this window is looking through the eye of it :)

I like such small stuff, but of course it does not mean other will appreciate the images.
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom