A few snaps from Murietta, CA

279778216_asxgb-L.jpg

279775850_oGbVU-L.jpg

279775934_ottM8-L.jpg

279777863_VSbTN-L.jpg

Full Gallery is here:
http://garyayala.smugmug.com/gallery/47 ... 8216_asxgb

Gary

Cool shots. #3 & #4 are very nice. I like the treatment on the lupine, #2.

Murietta seems a likely place for poppy fields.

These are really great. I think 2 and 4 are my favs as there's a stronger single focal point in the photo. On the first one, I'm sure it's just a hill, but the crooked horizon bothers me a little.

These are really great. I think 2 and 4 are my favs as there's a stronger single focal point in the photo. On the first one, I'm sure it's just a hill, but the crooked horizon bothers me a little.

Thanks NateS ... not much I can do 'bout the slope of the hill. Like yourself I am partial to #2.

Gary

The shot you've added is very sweet also.

The combination reminds of the following;

"Again it was a Sweet Thursday in the spring. The sun took a leap toward summer and loosed the furled petals of the golden poppies. Before noon you could smell the spice of blue lupines from the fields around ... "
~Sweet Thursday Revisited - John Steinbeck

The shot you've added is very sweet also.

The combination reminds of the following;

"Again it was a Sweet Thursday in the spring. The sun took a leap toward summer and loosed the furled petals of the golden poppies. Before noon you could smell the spice of blue lupines from the fields around ... "
~Sweet Thursday Revisited - John Steinbeck

perfect ...

279776123_PC3Cc-L.jpg

Amazing pictures. I love number 3 and the very last photo you posted just two posts above me.

Do you live in Murrieta? It's because I'm a resident of the city but I've never seen fields of flowers like the ones in your photos. Where in the city are they? I'm gonna have to take my camera and take a few flicks, haha.

great shots. I really like all but the 1st...that blown out sky kills it for me.

perfect ...

Yep- :thumbup:

Funny how the first time I read it, it didn't stick. About ten years ago I heard it read while looking at a photo of a broad, rolling, canyon bursting with poppies and lupine. I think of the quote every time I see them now.

Most reactions

Back