Museum of Civilization, Ottawa

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I visited this museum a couple of weeks ago, one of the highlights of my day trip to Ottawa. The architecture is superb, as you can see in the pics.

I usually laugh hard at architect-speak, but not when it comes to this particular building:
Douglas Cardinal, design architect of the Canadian Museum of Civilization, on the subject of his design: "The Museum will be symbolic in form. It will speak of the emergence of this continent, its forms sculpted by the winds, the rivers, the glaciers. It will speak of the emergence of man from the melting glaciers; of man and woman living in harmony with the forces of nature and evolving with them. It will show the way in which man first learned to cope with the environment, then mastered it and shaped it to the need of his own goals and aspirations."

Last edited:
Beautiful building. I'd have a field day if ever I came close to this! Well seen. Nicely captured. I'm sure you have more, don't you?

I'm sure you have more, don't you?

Thanks for your comments, LaFoto. The building is indeed unique and spectacular. Unfortunately I didn't get a chance to take many pictures because I was not alone, but I was the only one that wanted to spend time shooting. Maybe next time...

haha, sweet. i can walk there in 25 minutes.

you guys were wondering where i found that door! it was somewhere here!

Cool building! Cool camera angles too! Nice!

Thanks for the nice comments, guys! They are much appreciated.

you guys were wondering where i found that door! it was somewhere here!

Uhm... what? :) "No, seriously guys, I found the door! I'm telling you I found it! And behind the door there were birds and flowers and dandelions..."

Most reactions

Back