I love this concept. However, play with some different angles. For one... try placing the neck of the guitar at an angle so it cuts the picture diagonally from one of the corners.
I love the lighting on this.... what is your set up?
I placed the guitar on a black background, put the camera on a tripod and used a small LED light as a lightsource...
I did several shots with different lightnings and merged them with layers in PS...
if you diffuse the led's when they are over the white, shiny part of the guitar you wont see the tons of little light streaks, ... just slide a few sheets of tracing paper under them. But remember to light that area a little longer ..
thank you Thorhammer, but actually I like those light streaks... I thought it would give more dynamsim to the picutre... I had shots witht he white part of the guitar lit the way you mentionned but I preffered it like this