Muslin backdrops on the cheap

Johnboy2978

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.johncountsphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Not sure which section to post this in, so I'll post it here.
I'm looking for sites which sell backgrounds cheap. I have been using black and white king size bed sheets which has served its purpose well, however, I'd like some a little more professional, but I don't want to spend $300+ per BG right now. Anyone able to point me to a site where I can find it cheaper? Also any good sites for props on the cheap?

Thanks

Thanks for the link. I think I have visited that site before. I found this one too: Amvona.com which is quite reasonable like $50-80 for many until you get to their specialty/holiday/kids ones. Anyone shopped there before? Reputable?

Thanks for the input guys. I had kind of forgotten about ebay. I checked there previously and saw just a bunch of that digital BG crap that you photoshop in to a pic, and then never really checked back on it. Looks like that's the place for adding some variety cheaply.

Just an idea for the mods, but maybe there could be a sticky on one of the forums for websites or ideas that others stumble across for building your very own cheapo studio.

I have a couple of the cheap ones from ebay, and they are just that cheap! Have to read the adds carefully. They say muslin type or some other funny wordings. Materail is thin as well. Get what you pay for. They work but definately not something that will last a lifetime or even half. Also watch the sizes on the cheaper ones. And check the prices carefully. Most jack up the shipping to make the proffit. Sell the background cheap but charge $10- $20 to ship a 1# box.

I did get one I really like just wish it was a bit bigger. Just be carefull on ebay. If one person sells it. Most likely several others do as well. Ebay is not always cheapest either!

oldnavy170 said:
Thank you for that site! I never thought it would be possible to find CHEAP backdrops.

glad I could have the chance to give back a little, cause this forum has really helped me a lot! :mrgreen: :heart:

I have bought a lot of things from Amvona. I've never had a problem with any of them.

benhasajeep said:
I have a couple of the cheap ones from ebay, and they are just that cheap! Have to read the adds carefully. They say muslin type or some other funny wordings. Materail is thin as well. Get what you pay for. They work but definately not something that will last a lifetime or even half. Also watch the sizes on the cheaper ones. And check the prices carefully. Most jack up the shipping to make the proffit. Sell the background cheap but charge $10- $20 to ship a 1# box.

I did get one I really like just wish it was a bit bigger. Just be carefull on ebay. If one person sells it. Most likely several others do as well. Ebay is not always cheapest either!

what is a good size to get? I mean, I'm sure this depends, but can someone give me a standard size that most normally works?

Also, can you tell what the cheap backgrounds problems are? I'd like to know what to be careful of....

for example, if they are "thin", what problem is caused by that? (I'm a total newbie)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back