What's new

Muttart Conservatory, Edmonton. C&C Welcome!

genital_apparatus

TPF Noob!
Joined
Oct 10, 2008
Messages
64
Reaction score
0
Location
Edmonton, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey all, went down to the river valley today to shoot. I specifically wanted a shot of the Muttart Conservatory at sunrise, but as soon as I got there I noticed smoke from a house fire billowing in the background of my shot. I didn't know what else to do, so I went ahead and took the shot:

18_17_11_08_4_48_30.jpg

f/11
30 seconds
ISO 200
 
WOW, the colors are amazing. def perfect time of day to take that photo!
 
Nice shot, that's a very familiar sight, I grew up pretty close to there. :)

I really doubt that you are seeing the smoke from a house fire. House fires usually put up very dark smoke.
Were you shooting toward the East? (I'd guess yes, seeing that this was a sunrise shot) I'd suggest that you are seeing steam / water vapor coming off of the Esso refinery.
I used to live a few km/miles to the East of here, and I shot this from my back yard one morning...
951-SunRise-web.jpg
 
Hey there Mike, yeah I guess you're right, it probably was steam coming out of some facility. I had just assumed it was a house fire because, when I drove past the building a week before, I didn't see any smoke or steam; then when I went to take my shot, all of a sudden there was a cloud just floating in the background. Yeah, I was shooting towards the east. Perhaps the refinery might make for some good shots. :P
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom