My 3/27 Whatsit...

*adds this to the growing number of "not showing to 7D" threads ;)*

It's a cupcake.

No, wait.... it's a door stop.

No, um.........er........... It's a whatsenhoozit.

Actually, I'd say it's a Thermos.

And where are the sample photos please? I really want to see what this camera can do!! ;) I'm dying to see if Canon has raised the bar with this one.

So far I have taken pictures of nothing at all. I have it set to Auto and I am pretending I have never used a camera before. So if you want to see snaps of everything in Auto and in dark rooms I will upload them tonight and you can see what it does at high ISO. They look great in the viewfinder!

I am taking RAW and JPEG as I *think* that LR is not updated with this camera yet, so I'm not even sure I can upload any of them. But I will give it a shot with SOOC jpegs and we can have a look see. And then you can give me a simple assignment for something you would might be interested in seeing it do.

It feels good in the hand, the material used on the body is much more 'grippy' than the 7D is, so it has a very secure feeling.

I was not going to go for the Kit, but when I was so far in never-never land for the shipping queue for body only, I changed the order and got the kit right away. Surprise that Canon actually included a lens hood with the lens!

When you buy an L lens, it comes with hood. Maybe I should just order it now? By the time I have the money, thats when it is availabe? LOL Are you saying I can order the kit now and get it right away?

When you buy an L lens, it comes with hood. Maybe I should just order it now? By the time I have the money, thats when it is availabe? LOL Are you saying I can order the kit now and get it right away?

Yup. B&H. $4,299 Free shipping and I never pay tax. (Edit Price Correction)

You have the/a 5 already, this is a first for me...it's freaking amazing!

do you want us find out if the camera and manual match? it appears that they do not!

This camera is very similar to the 7D, the manual is not going to be huge for me.... So it doesn't match??? That's funny.

you should read about Auto ISO and shortcut button to go to AI SERVO. You can link the AI SERVO to the DOF preview button. So you can shoot in one shot focus mode, if you need AI servo ASAP you can press that DOF preview button and you will be on AI SERVO instantly. I am not sure if you have to keep pressing it or it is on and off mode.

Schwettylens said:
you should read about Auto ISO and shortcut button to go to AI SERVO. You can link the AI SERVO to the DOF preview button. So you can shoot in one shot focus mode, if you need AI servo ASAP you can press that DOF preview button and you will be on AI SERVO instantly. I am not sure if you have to keep pressing it or it is on and off mode.

Cool. Will check this feature out. Thank you!

So...Here we go...SOOC jpegs...All P Mode. All with Kit 24-105L

1/45 F4 ISO 1250 Dining Room Chandelier and Curtain Filtered Morning Daylight
i-fVTkRjm-L.jpg

1/125 F4 ISO 5000 - Kitchen Chandelier, no natural light.
i-8htTr4r-L.jpg

1/45 F4 ISO12800 - 2 End Table Lamps (This is GeorgieGirl btw;)) No natural light.
i-S3BLQwm-L.jpg

You should make this GeorgieGirls 5d Mark III review thread.. To complement MarkW's.

Most reactions

Back