my 3rd attempt at softball

Judd

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here are some photos from this past weekend.

Full manual
ISO 100
Shutte 1/1000
F 4.0

I did bump the ISO and lower shutter speed some depending on situation such as clouds, etc.

All the pitcher shots were manual focus since I was shooting through a fence which threw off the AF. Everything else was AF.

Let me know what you think. They were all cropped and had some type of color editing in PS.

Duluth 6/12-6/14 Best Picks - LJKPhotos.com

1/1000 and still motion blur? WHATT?

I agree with DBJ, there are a bunch in there that are blurry. I only looked at the first few pages, but at that shutter speed, there should be no blur, so I'm thinking you missed your focus.

Dont be shy to move in even closer (might be restricted by your equipment here). Alot of your shots are full body, which can be good for some shots, but sports is about player emotion and reaction. I saw a few of those on some pages.... have a look at Sports Illustrated and you'll notice the focus of the image is really the player's face.

Overall though, they aren't too bad. Watch the missed focus though.

Should I be using AF or MF?

I cant get any closer.

This weekend I stood on a bucket and shot over the fence. I was even with first base, about 20 feet back. For the pitchers, I got behind the backstop and shot through the fence.

Its hard to see your results through that little LCD.

DD has a game tonight at 8, so that won't work. They should have at least one tomorrow, so I'll try again and try to work on focus.

I do try to capture the facial expressions, but don't people want to see the whole action? The ball being released from their hand, the ball coming off the bat, the tag being made/missed at home?

I appreciate the CC

Most reactions

Back