My addition to the begginers place

Palgie

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.shootex.com
Hallo again guys,

Is it ok if i ask a few questions that have realy not understand and there so noobish that im too afraid to ask anyone so iv decided to spit them out or ill never find out.

Ok,

1. When u buy a lense it comes at a curtain size like for eg mines 58mm, but theres a shortage of lenses/filters and other equiptment for my camera i was wondering if you could say buy a cannon lense then use it on a fujifilm?

2. When you see most item photography where there shot with a complete white background i was wondering what that paper is called for future reference?

3. What does External Flash have that internal doesnt?

4. When i take some photos on some shoots the brightness of the photo when you transfer to pc (digital camera) it darkens all of the shots alot. which is quite disapointing when its a 1 time event and they come back all dark :blushing: any reason for this or what am i doing wrong?

Any questions answerd will be very helpfull.

Palgie.

Palgie said:
Hallo again guys,

Is it ok if i ask a few questions that have realy not understand and there so noobish that im too afraid to ask anyone so iv decided to spit them out or ill never find out.

Ok,

1. When u buy a lense it comes at a curtain size like for eg mines 58mm, but theres a shortage of lenses/filters and other equiptment for my camera i was wondering if you could say buy a cannon lense then use it on a fujifilm?

2. When you see most item photography where there shot with a complete white background i was wondering what that paper is called for future reference?

4. When i take some photos on some shoots the brightness of the photo when you transfer to pc (digital camera) it darkens all of the shots alot. which is quite disapointing when its a 1 time event and they come back all dark :blushing: any reason for this or what am i doing wrong?

Any questions answerd will be very helpfull.

Palgie.

1. I doubt it but the Fuji SLR's do use Nikon lenses.
2. You can buy white background paper from any photo supply house.
3. It has the ability to be somewhere other than atop the lens. Directly over the lens is usually the worst place to position the flash unit. Also it has more power.
4. You are underexposing.

#1. Are you using an SLR with interchangeable lenses (can you take the lens right off?) or are using a camera with an attached lens...and the 'threads' are 58mm? You can't use an interchangeable Canon lens on a Fuji camera...but if it's just a 58mm threaded attachment lens (we would call it a filter)...then you can use any brand.

#2. It doesn't have to be called anything other than paper. It's sometimes called a seamless background...and it's just paper on a roll. But if the subject is small enough...all you need is a single piece of paper or other white background. What you need to know...is that you will need to put more light onto the background than the subject...if you really want it to be white.

#3. An external flash is usually more powerful than a camera's built-in flash. It's often a bigger area, which makes it softer...but the biggest difference is the distance from the lens axis. Light that comes from near the lens...is pretty much on a straight line to and from the subject. That lighting makes the subject look flat. To make the subject not look so flat, we need light that 'model' the subject...gives it depth and texture. Getting the light source away from the camera is probably the biggest thing you can do to improve your photography.

#4. The way the images look on the LCD screen of the digital camera...may not be a true representation of the exposure of the image...also, you computer monitor may not be calibrated correctly either. It can be tricky to get everything working together so that you know what to do with your shots. Usually, the first thing is to calibrate your monitor. Then you 'know' what the images look like. Then, if the shots from your camera are biased...you know when you have to compensate to get them to look right on the computer screen.

Palgie said:
Hallo again guys,

Ok,

Yes, you can buy a Canon lens. But, no, you cannot use it on a Fuji camera.

White background paper, or green-screen.

Much more power/reach. And the better models have tilting and swivelling heads, so that you can bounce the light off a ceiling or wall to soften it.

Probably. But if you don't tell us, precisely, what you did or what your settings were, we can't advise you what ought to be set differently.

Everything has been covered I think but as for the last question it might be as simple as the brightness on your cameras lcd could be turned up all the way

Most reactions

Back