Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
1. f4 5s 17mm (17-85) ISO800

The-Moon2-1.jpg

2. f4 3.2s 17mm (17-85) ISO800

The-Moon6.jpg

C & C please.

Also, how can I get rid of the halo around the moon, how to make it cool disk with clean edges?

Thanks.

the moon itself is way overexposed which is why it is soooo bright. If you want the moon sharp then you are going to have to stop way down, maybe f16 or f22, that or shorten your shutter speed.
You will sacrifice the foreground exposure tho.
If you can get away with it you might want to adjust your angle so you are shooting a bit more parallel with the beach so you don't have your shadow in the frame.

I really like the foreground & earth section of the second one, but I can't think of away you could keep that with out over exposing the moon

I was practicing taking the moon last night and it was too far for my lens. The lunar eclipse is coming and you should get some shots of that. I do agree bango though, the moon is too bright. Perhaps lowering the ISO, it darken the pic and it won't be as grainy next time.

the first picture is great IMO but is weird in an unnatural way, I cant put my finger on it exactly, but it looks like 2 times of day merged into one photo..

Thanks guys,
bango707, I'll try different settings. Do you think some kind of a filter would help?
I also think there is something weird in the first one. Maybe because the moon is not visible, or the bright light behind me (hence the tripod shadow), but I liked those clouds.

Here is another one:

The-Moon.jpg

I like the new one best of all.
Not too fond of the massive amount of noise in the cloud in No 1, that cloud looks very post-processed (highlighted when there was a lot less light to begin with). But I see why you were fascinated with the clouds.

Most reactions

Back