My beautiful sister.

darkchild

The Punisher
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Ok so i decided i should take some pics of someone so i can get some practice. My sister was sitting right next to me so i was like "hey come with me". Tell me what you think of this picture, i feel like it has a lot of noise, there is something about it that i don't like, i just don't know what yet. maybe it's over exposed?

IMG_0337.jpg

subject is out of focus. What equipment are you using? It's actually slightly underexposed on my screen. A flash fill would be nice, to take away the shadows on her face.

The exposure doesnt bother me at all, but I think there is just a tad too much space on the left. I think I'd crop off the entire left quarter, which would leave enough green but not too much.

Also, I think you may have missed focus, or else the picture is just soft.

Last edited:
I used a Sigma 70-300mm Lens on a Canon 550D. Maybe i should have brought her a bit up closer? or maybe i could of zoomed in a little?

Ok so i decided i should take some pics of someone so i can get some practice. My sister was sitting right next to me so i was like "hey come with me". Tell me what you think of this picture, i feel like it has a lot of noise, there is something about it that i don't like, i just don't know what yet. maybe it's over exposed?

IMG_0337.jpg

I like this image. This is far beyond your first post from a while back and certainly shows you are thinking about simplifying and composition. This is just a guess, but I think the image was a little soft (out of focus) and you tried to sharpen to bring some clarity back. If you sharpen too much, it gives skin a mottled look that is unflattering. You're right, you have a beautiful sister, so I tried a quick edit to soften the tones in the face. You can increase the illusion of sharpness by knocking the background out of focus more. Here is an edit to show what I am trying to describe:
9v4ya7

Edits:
- added a layer and masked the figure
- screened this layer at 20% to lighten her just a bit
- added another layer and masked for the skin only
- applied a 3.4 smart blur
- changed the opacity of this layer to 35%. This obscures some of the artifacts from over sharpening
- added another layer and masked for the background only
- applied a gaussian blur to obscure the oversharpening of the background. This layer was left at 100%
- cleaned up the mask where it overlaps the figure
- cropped at 3:2 to get rid of some of the left side

Wow, that looks a lot better, yeah i used AutoFocus cuz i thought it would be better in this image, my mistake. I just got Gimp so i am trying to learn how to work with layers so i can do some good editing. thanks.

Most reactions

Back