My Best Portrait Yet? C&C

JackRabbit

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, me and Justin were riding a few weeks back when we came across a group of our friends and while we were sitting there chatting I decided to take a picture or two and this one just happened to turn out alright (except for that goddamn kid in the background :( what can you do ahaha). But anyways, after extensive lens blurring (gosh darn you kid in background!), I think this might be the best portrait I've ever taken.

4211418707_6200d26a62_b.jpg

Add me on Flickr! I'm always looking for new sources of critique and inspiration!
www.flickr.com/jackstrutz

i like it...the kid in the background isnt too distracting to my UNTRAINED eye either.

Of course, make sure you hit the little yellow bar to view the whole thing, not just the crappy resize that the forum does to it.

Any more C&C?

I hope you don't mind. I did a quick edit on this on photoshop and cloned the annoying kid out. I just did a quick job so it isn't perfect.
Nice portrait.
Keep shooting man! Have fun.

Attachments

• $portrait_edited-1.jpg
    $portrait_edited-1.jpg
    77.3 KB · Views: 189
Remember it's Christmas Eve.

Since you asked, I really think the boy in the background is a big distraction. The lighting is good, but to me it just looks like a snapshot mainly because of the boy in the background.

Hope this helps.

love it! but yeah... the kid is kinda really annoying... especially since he looks like he's coming out of the subjects shoulder haha. but i love the lighting on his face... and his eyes really stand out. good job buddy :p

great eyes on the model, and great DOF. But the first thing I see when I look at it is indeed the kid in the background.

I hope you don't mind. I did a quick edit on this on photoshop and cloned the annoying kid out. I just did a quick job so it isn't perfect.
Nice portrait.

That is really quite good for a "Quick Fix" as you say. Obviously, your Photoshop skills are honed rather nicely!! Might you give a real quick "How To" for this? What I mean is...What function(s) do you use to edit unwanted object from a photo? Is there something (a term) that one might search for on google?

Thanks for the help. By the way, the portrait is nice but it is much better without that pesky kid in the background! LoL...I agree...The models eyes are stunning!! Well done!

- Dan

Well I haven't seen any of your other portraits so this may be as you say your best portrait ever.
The lighting is a little flat and the colors could use some pop.
The entire background is a fail, from the kid, to the post through his head to the distracting highlight sections.
Choose the background first.

Nice portrait.

That is really quite good for a "Quick Fix" as you say. Obviously, your Photoshop skills are honed rather nicely!! Might you give a real quick "How To" for this? What I mean is...What function(s) do you use to edit unwanted object from a photo? Is there something (a term) that one might search for on google?

Thanks for the help. By the way, the portrait is nice but it is much better without that pesky kid in the background! LoL...I agree...The models eyes are stunning!! Well done!

- Dan
i agree, nice sharp image quality with out the blurry kid

Nice portrait.

- Dan

Looks like he cloned out the kid and took some liberties with what would be in place of him. He said it isn't perfect which is true. It's quite easy to tell that it's been shooped.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back