My Bio... thoughts?

manaheim

Jedi Bunnywabbit
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm putting up some of my images at a local business and need to put together a bio to stick up on the wall. Here's what I came up with. Any reactions?

---

Chris Russo has been a resident of the Acton/Boxborough area for nearly his entire life. He is a product of the Acton/Boxborough school system, having first attended Douglas Elementary, and later Acton Boxborough Regional Junior and Senior High School. He currently lives in Boxborough with his wife (a long-time Boxborough resident and High School Sweetheart), their two girls (ages 3 and 7) and two very large Maine Coon Cats.

Chris has had a long-standing fascination with photography dating back to a very young age when his aunt exposed him to some of her professional works. There is no doubt that some of her stunning imagery had a capturing effect that could simply not be shaken, and to this day he is driven to capture emotion and bring inspiration in others as his aunt did for him years before.

Local imagery of the Boston area is a particular passion for Chris, and he finds himself more often than not focusing on the subjects and vistas that make the Boston area truly unique. From night time skylines to perspectives on our unique architectural points of interest, Chris is entranced by the idea of capturing the true spirit of Boston and New England in a way that allows the viewer to truly feel what it is to live in this beautiful and special part of the country.

When not capturing imagery around Boston, Chris is an Architectural and Real Estate Photographer. Focusing mainly on high-end commercial real estate, Chris is a key part of ensuring the successful transition of multi-million dollar buildings in and around Boston.

Chris has also been known to play a variety of musical instruments (though primarily the trumpet) and generally has more hobbies than he can realistically keep track of, or practically do since most of his time is really taken up with his children.

Chris Russo is also an IT Management Executive working for a local software development firm in the Burlington area, and while generally this has nothing to do with photography, playing the trumpet, his wife, his kids or large furry house pets; he still enjoys it quite a bit.

Hi Chris,

Although I am a noob to this site, I have done a fair amount of PR and marketing within my engineering profession. My initial reaction - a tad long. I would move your first paragraph and combine it with the last one. You repeat much of the same information anyway. The opening paragraph should deal directly with the subject at hand (ie photography in this case)

Just my $0.02. Good luck!

p

A little long indeed. :)

What does "Chris is a key part of ensuring the successful transition of multi-million dollar buildings in and around Boston." mean?

You also use your name way too often. The key number to use is 2... certainly no more than 3 times at the most.

You can likely drastically shorten the part about your schooling and remove the part about your wife's schooling. Mentioning the family is ok... as long as it is 1 short sentence.

The entire trick is to make yourself look good without patting yourself on the back. The part about your aunt can be shortened some too.

-----------------------------------
Chris Russo has been a resident of the Acton/Boxborough area for nearly his entire life. He currently lives in Boxborough with his wife, their two girls and two very large Maine Coon Cats.

His long standing love affair with photography
dates back to a very young age when his aunt (a professional photographer), introduced him to some of her works, and to this day he is driven to capture emotion and bring inspiration to others as his aunt did for him. Local imagery of the Boston area is a particularly strong passion, and he often finds himself focusing on the people and vistas that make the Boston area truly unique. When not capturing imagery around the Boston area, Chris is an Architectural and Real Estate Photographer.

A talented individual, he has also been known to play a variety of musical instruments and has many hobbies, though most of his time is dedicated to his wife and children.

Chris works full time as an IT Management Executive at a local software development firm in the Burlington area and can be contacted at (place email here).

Finally, Chris, like all Bostonians, cannot say the word FORK without sounding like he is swearing.
-----------------------------------
PS, I charge a buck a word. :p :lol: Oh.. you may want to take out that last line? :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

(pssssssst! Chris! this should be moved to the discussions area, not beyond the basics ;) )

Last edited:
Sounds too personal to be talking in third person. I'd cut out first paragraph, but good.

You have to imagine that it is not he talking about himself, but the company that is displaying this where ever it is shown, that is talking about him.

Kinda like the magazine editors talking about someone who has written an article in their magazine. It is usually displayed at the end or bottom of the article.

Ok, this is all great feedback. Let me play with it a bit. Thank you, all.

Jerry... check's in the mail! :)

Actually, Jerry, yours is amazing. I think I'm just going to absolutely pirate that. Thank you! I owe you one!

I usually consider myself a half-way decent writer, but writing about oneself is REALLY difficult.

Oh, and btw, I don't have that god-awful Boston accent. :) :lol:

Until you're famous, keep it short. People get bored far too easily.

I'm actually yawning as I write this. :lol:

Well, jerry did a forking good job! ;)

Until you're famous, keep it short. People get bored far too easily.

I'm actually yawning as I write this. :lol:

Well, jerry did a forking good job! ;)

haha... I had it shorter but the doctor encouraged me to beef it up. Now it's somewhere inbetween the two versions, so perfect. :) I did make a couple minor changes to Jerry's, but by and large his version was the bulk of it.

Thanks again, all. Enjoy your naps! :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back