Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
F4, 1/100, ISO 400, 70mm

Attachments

• $image-834186281.jpg
    $image-834186281.jpg
    44.4 KB · Views: 108
Lightings a bit uneven... a bit too contrasty. That highligh on the left side of his face is very bright. Comp is ok, but you did cut off his left elbow.. and the top of his head is right at the edge. That's ok if you like it. Not a bad shot except for the highlight / tonal differences between the two sides of his face..

It's a good expression, but there are some issues; most notably the unusual shadow pattern on his face. his left cheek is very hot, verging on blown, while his right is much darker. As well, the image desparately needs to be leveled.

I would avoid crops such as the that on his left elbow. If you need to crop a limb, do it boldly and never at/near a joint. Try fof a more homegenous background as well; the pattern of lights and darks here is rather distracting.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

F4, 1/100, ISO 400, 70mm

Lightings a bit uneven... a bit too contrasty. That highligh on the left side of his face is very bright. Comp is ok, but you did cut off his left elbow.. and the top of his head is right at the edge. That's ok if you like it. Not a bad shot except for the highlight / tonal differences between the two sides of his face..

Thanks for your comments! Unfortunately there was a shadow that I missed. I tried another edit, any better?

Attachments

• $IMG_1423 - Version 2.jpg
    $IMG_1423 - Version 2.jpg
    623.4 KB · Views: 90
It's a good expression, but there are some issues; most notably the unusual shadow pattern on his face. his left cheek is very hot, verging on blown, while his right is much darker. As well, the image desparately needs to be leveled.

I would avoid crops such as the that on his left elbow. If you need to crop a limb, do it boldly and never at/near a joint. Try fof a more homegenous background as well; the pattern of lights and darks here is rather distracting.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Thank you for your advise. I agree on all accounts. I leveled it, but unfortunately cut off the left lower arm in the original:( I'm still pleased over all and it's a great way to learn and grow.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back