My camera diconnects by itself all the time.

youhou25

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi guys,
if anyone could help me with my problem, I'd be very grateful.

Here it is:
Whenever I connect my camera to my pc to download pictures, it disconnects by itself when I get to the folder containing the pictures. It does so when loading the thumbnails. The camera is still on and still says that it's connected to the pc. The connection is not broken before I try to access the picture files (haven't tried the video files though). I even tried to copy the whole folder so that the thumbnails don't have to show, but it did the same thing. I get the impression the problem would be the OS and not the camera since the camera has always worked fine before. I recently formatted my hard drive and reinstalled new programs. I don't think I had this problem before that. I work with XP SP3.

Thank you very much.

Charles

Last edited:
I've never had any sort of problem like this.... because I always pull my card and plug it into a reader.

Welcome to the forum.

I'm with Phranquey, just get yourself a card reader ($20) and don't connect your camera to the computer.

USB cords are fragile and can introduce all sorts of strange issues.

Get a different cord and if you're using a hub bypass it and plug directly into the computer.

The computer authenticates the device once, and just checks the voltage on one data line to see if the device is still connected. There are a lot of failure modes that could lead to the computer not realising the connection is bad.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back