bigalbest

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.sandphotos.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
2842202760_60b45fa28a_o.jpg

My crazy kids with their Webkins, supplied by generous family members who can't say no.
Two bare speedlights on white paper backdrop at full power and one bare speedlight camera left on full also.

A cute picture, but, ultimately, flawed. Too much whitespace if you're trying to convey a sense of 'they have a lot of these' and too little whitespace to give any other context.

The poses are rigid and not comfortable looking as though they were asked to stand at attention. Not fond of the way they hold the animals they're holding, and your daughter on the right, did she just get out of the bath? They also look like they're looking off camera right just enough so that it doesn't look like an intentional direction, but rather that the image just missed capturing them looking at the camera.

Some harsh shadows (animal next to your daughter on the left's face).

Minor nit -- the string visible in front of the blue bag/box thing.

It's a good scrapbook/photo album shot and your daughters are adorable.

A cute picture, but, ultimately, flawed. Too much whitespace if you're trying to convey a sense of 'they have a lot of these' and too little whitespace to give any other context.

The poses are rigid and not comfortable looking as though they were asked to stand at attention. Not fond of the way they hold the animals they're holding, and your daughter on the right, did she just get out of the bath? They also look like they're looking off camera right just enough so that it doesn't look like an intentional direction, but rather that the image just missed capturing them looking at the camera.

Some harsh shadows (animal next to your daughter on the left's face).

Minor nit -- the string visible in front of the blue bag/box thing.

It's a good scrapbook/photo album shot and your daughters are adorable.

For some reason I can pose anyone but my own kids, they always look stiff when I take their picture. And your other points are right on also, kinda threw this together just for fun but I should probably pay attention to small details anyways. Thanks for the input.

I think it's a very cute idea, and your girls are adorable. They are very lucky webkinz owners. :D

Their poses and expressions are the same as those of mine at that age. It was so tough to get them to loosen up. Stiff poses, fake smiles. Didn't matter if I was photographing or if professionals were. The photos came out better if I was in the composition with them. Then I could tickle them at the moment the photographer would shoot. That got real smiles and movement!

Try a second light source to even out the lighting. Try a remote shutter release so you can join them in frame. Tickle and shoot! :lmao:

Just had a thought. Ow! Those always hurt.
The stuffed animals are set up rather symmetrically and formally. What if you set them up with cushions, in a semi-circle, girls in the circle, playing for awhile with the animals, while you're talking to them about the animals. Then shoot more candidly?

I think it's a very cute idea, and your girls are adorable. They are very lucky webkinz owners. :D

Thank you, they love their Webkins very much.

Their poses and expressions are the same as those of mine at that age. It was so tough to get them to loosen up. Stiff poses, fake smiles. Didn't matter if I was photographing or if professionals were. The photos came out better if I was in the composition with them. Then I could tickle them at the moment the photographer would shoot. That got real smiles and movement!

Try a second light source to even out the lighting. Try a remote shutter release so you can join them in frame. Tickle and shoot! :lmao:

Just had a thought. Ow! Those always hurt.
The stuffed animals are set up rather symmetrically and formally. What if you set them up with cushions, in a semi-circle, girls in the circle, playing for awhile with the animals, while you're talking to them about the animals. Then shoot more candidly?

Those are some really good suggestions, thank you very much. :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back