My Creative Side c&c please

Tulsa

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am more of a Nature/Urban photographer, but with the cold boring season know as Winter that is amongst us, I decided to step out of my box a bit.
I really want to hear opinions, It was alot of fun doing this one, I am in the process of building a website so my intentions were taking a self portrait to put on the main page.

IMG_88671.jpg

Hello Tulsa,
As you mentioned that you are nature photographer, Can you share your some pictures on the forum.
I love to see nature photographs.

I have posted some in the past few weeks, but I will post some more soon. I guess I should say more of flowers and trees, no wild animals or anything... other than a squirrel... thats the best Oklahoma has to offer!! But I want to hear about this shot for now!:mrgreen:

hmm, I guess the lack of replies means its neither crap or great?

It's ok... your eyes really pop. It's sharp. I can't point out anything bad about it other than just having a small part of your moustache is a bit distracting for me.

Thanks, I will take that as good feedback, wasnt looking for it to be a masterpiece, just something that is sharp, I started with a pretty crappy picture, had to remove alot including my shoulders... here is what I started with.

IMG_8867.jpg

I would like it more if we could see your whole face...

This is one of the few selective color photos that I like. Usually people go way overboard with the saturation on the colored part to emphasize it. The fact that it's in color emphasizes it! No further emphasis required. If anything, desaturate it a little - which it looks like you did here.

I like it - I just wish I could see more...

OK, after seeing the 'before' picture - I think I see why you cropped it like that.

I would reshoot it with nothing on the wall, and try to get the composition closer to what you want the end result to be (which can be hard doing self portraits...).

I would like it more if we could see your whole face...

This is one of the few selective color photos that I like. Usually people go way overboard with the saturation on the colored part to emphasize it. The fact that it's in color emphasizes it! No further emphasis required. If anything, desaturate it a little - which it looks like you did here.

I like it - I just wish I could see more...

I agree on the selective coloring, I could have gone more intense but it would have stuck out like a sore thumb. I will do another one tonight with the same picture, something full face.

OK, after seeing the 'before' picture - I think I see why you cropped it like that.

I would reshoot it with nothing on the wall, and try to get the composition closer to what you want the end result to be (which can be hard doing self portraits...).

I had planned on cropping it like this from the beginning and thats exactly what I wanted the end result to be, I actually wanted to crop tighter on the eyes, but it didnt look good, thats why I didnt spend too much time on the initial shot. it was going to get cropped

The little bit of moustace showing makes you look a little bit like Charlie Chaplin :lmao:

Most reactions

Back