What's new

My daughter in winter..brrrr.. C&C PLEASE

tmjjk

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Mar 28, 2012
Messages
550
Reaction score
61
Location
Cleveland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$tpf.webp My biggest problem with the image is her angle. Her right arm... I should have had her turn a little more towards me. It was hard enough to get her to do this confident pose. You should have seen the awkward pose before this one... sheesh. If these young girls would just realize how beautiful they are...
 
I see what you mean about the arm, it looks a little... jello-y. Turning more toward you, or even if you took a step and a half to the left would have helped that.

The title, especially the "burr" part, doesn't fit the image. That was the first thing that I noticed. She has short sleeves on! That ruins the feeling of cold and winter, even with snow on the ground. Get her bundled up in a coat and hat to give more "winter effect."

Otherwise, it's a decent photo and you have a very pretty daughter!
 
Thanks...the brrr was referring to her coat being off...she was freezing lol. But I get what you are saying, I normally don't put much effort into titles. I will pay more attention to that.
 
And I will do a coat and scarf image too :)
 
Oooooh okay. That makes sense.

I know what you mean about titles. This is exactly why I never title anything... can never figure out anything appropriate/matching.

Can't wait to see the next shots :)
 
That's not snow...some of the grass is still visible!!! lol

She looks very cute, very wholesome. She has a very nice hairstyle!!! And yeah, the shirt and yoga-type pants don't seem too "wintery". The background, with that skinny tree trunk and all those scraggly branches seems a bit too "competing"...it takes the focus off of her...maybe with MUCH shallower depth oif field, you could have managed to sublimate some of the backgroud details...but sticks in front of snow...really is a high-attention background.

OTOH, your use of the natural light is pretty good.
 
thank you Derrel... I always appreciate your input!! I agree completely with shallowing the dof... great advice!
 
If that was my daughter, she'd be under lock and key until she was 30...very pretty girl. I think Derrel's assesment pretty much covers the rest.
 
Good idea ceeboy :)
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom