My daughter...

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
...was in the local paper AGAIN (this is just the newest of a good many articles which also show her photo - and the photos of other swim team members, of course). A whole page dedicated to this one swim meet in Braunschweig last weekend! Must brag a bit. Sorry. (I am a proud mom, I'm afraid :oops: )

122054436.jpg

122054438.jpg

Don't say you want a translation of the three articles (all about the same event)... :roll:

Sorry about the crick in the page, I had to scan it in two go's and the second came out crooked, but upon straightening it, everyone's faces got really distorted so.... erm... yeah. In the bottom picture she is the second from the right, or third from the left. She short one (she suffers so from being so short!)

congrats to your daughter! Must be a pretty quick swimmer! I used to do competitive swimming lessons. Never went in any competitions, but man, do they work you over! :lol: I remember coming out of lessons and just being so dizzy i could be barely stand. But I got fit really quick.

Which one is your daughter??

The one holding the cup in the top photo (best performance of all 1993-born females during the meet) and the third from left or second from right in the smaller photo.

Congratulations! You have a huge reason to be proud. I know I girl who competes competitively in swimming adn I am amazed at the number of practices, 'seminars' and such. Not to mention the early (as in 4 in the morning) practices! That being sad, congratulations to your daughter as ywell as yourself at beign such a dedicated 'swimming mom'. :)

Aubrey, your knowledge of German is amazing.
Yes. Her team did win themselves all in all 50 medals on last weekend's swim meet ("Christmas Gala Meet" in Braunschweig with swimmers from all over Germany) - and she and that other boy, Nikita, also got a cup for the best age group result (female 1993 and male 1991). But the tallest of the relay team (small photo) won herself most medals. (She was also the one of the team who took part in the German Shortcourse Championships some three weeks ago).

My daughter hopes to qualify for the German Championships in May of next year. That would be a first and a great achievement.
Her results over the 400m freestyle brought her up to Place 4 in an inofficial all-German age group ranking for girls born in 1993. And she also holds a place up there for her performance over the 800m freestyle on another meet (the 800m didn't work well in Braunschweig, though).

That is wonderful! You have every reason to be proud, Corinna. :) That's quite a spread in the paper. :thumbup: Good for her!

Huge congratulations to your daughter! What an accomplishment :thumbsup:

that is sooo awesome :mrgreen:
congrats to Sabine and the proud mother :D
good luck to her :thumbsup:

Most reactions

Back