My Dogs

i-photogadget

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok...think i have got used to this pictures in a thread thing :S so here is one i took of my dogs, i dont have any portable light sources so i ended up using one of my dads "natural light boxes" please let me no what you think...

dogs.jpg

Nah! Now you're talkin'! Very nice. Beautiful study. I usually strive to get all the coat in focus but I think this softer rendering is also spot on.

Also the composition...nice. When shooting multiple animals get 'em close. That's what we say at least 10 times a session. "Push 'em in." Meaning a person on each side pushing them together and getting hands off (photog yelling, "Hands!") and shooting in that instant. It always makes an nicer portrait. I also like how the catch lights are even...I like the whole thing.

Nah! Now you're talkin'! Very nice. Beautiful study. I usually strive to get all the coat in focus but I think this softer rendering is also spot on.

thank you :) i still need some practise though, you say softer how would i make a ...:S less softer picture?

how would i make a ...:S less softer picture?

I try to get the fattest dof possible (hey, I don't alway succeed). Notice the left ear of the dog on the right. Almost too soft, but I like it anyway because what the viewer is interested in is the study of two aged dog faces. Am I right about their age? Doesn't this photo just scream I'M LOYAL! The owner of these dogs (your dad?) will find comfort one day in viewing this portrait of his beloved dogs.

Keep up the good work.

rrrrrrrrr...i see what you mean now cool i going to give it a go this weekend, and Alfie is on the left (my dog) who is 2 and Chelsea (my mum and dads) who is 10. :)

Most reactions

Back