My downtown photos

iShot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
While my stay here in Fresno, California I decided to go down to downtown Fresno and I shot about 10 pictures about 30 minutes before the dark clouds and rain came. My camera is a Nikon Coolpix L110 with a Promaster SystemPro 67mm lens hood. Here are the pictures I took and think that came out the best...Any helpful hints will be great!

Federal bank in Fresno.
DSCN0985.jpg

Old graffiti building wall.
DSCN0982.jpg

Old Benkins moving company and storage.

DSCN0987.jpg

You need some tighter crops and you need to boost your contrast quite a bit. I would edit one for you to show you what I mean but you don't allow that. There are distracting elements in the foreground of all of them.

You need some tighter crops and you need to boost your contrast quite a bit. I would edit one for you to show you what I mean but you don't allow that. There are distracting elements in the foreground of all of them.

Oops, my mistake I changed it now it says my photos are okay to edit. How would I boost my contrast? Is there a setting I need to turn on my camera? or use the flash? Maybe use a different scene option since my camera has that option to choose.

The white balance is off in #1 and #3. #2 has a slight tilt to the right and could be straightened.

The content of the 3 is not particularly interesting and #1 and #3 look somewhat under exposed.

As far as composition, if you haven't already check out some of the visual image compositional guidelines like the rule of thirds, simplicity, and using leading lines. Photography Composition Articles Library

Not a lot you can do with them but here is my take on them. I boosted contrast, clarity (a bit too much but I was too lazy to change it) and exposure in Lightroom.

9u6v7a.jpg

hv82si.jpg

jhwzf6.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back