gnagel

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.nagelphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Each year, I try to make a selection of my favorite 10 images. It's not always an easy process and I'm sure the selection would look different if I went through the same exercise tomorrow. But, it's kind of fun. This collection excludes the photos from my most recent trip to New Mexico.

Please feel free to share your 10 favorites...or even just your 1 favorite image of the year.

Here are mine...in no particular order:

p3770224470-6.jpg

1- Driftwood Beach, Jekyll Island, GA
p3770224457-6.jpg

2- Burrowing Owl, Marco Island, FL
p3770224467-6.jpg

3- Regions Bank Building, Tampa, FL
p3770224465-6.jpg

4- Cleveland Arcade, Cleveland, OH
p3770224476-6.jpg

5- Skyline and Monongahela River from the Grandview Overlook, Pittsburgh, PA
p3770224482-6.jpg

6- Wren Building, College of William and Mary, Williamsburg, VA (oldest academic building in continuous use in the United States)
p3770224479-6.jpg

7- Avenue of the Oaks, Saint Simons Island, GA
p3770224456-6.jpg

8- Sunset over the Matanzas River, St. Augustine, FL
p3770224459-6.jpg

9- Ponce de Leon Hotel (now Flagler College), St. Augustine, FL
p3770224458-6.jpg

10- Amazon Milk Frog, Middleburg Heights, OH
p3770224455-6.jpg

One thing that I found interesting is that 2 of these 10 pictures were captured on the same day (#1 and #7) and that I initially had a third image from that day in this collection before I removed it in favor of another photograph!

Please share your favorite images as well...and Happy New Year!

Thanks,
Glenn

Last edited:
That is quite a nice set of photos. How did you find the arcade so empty?

My god, man! Awesome pics, all of them. You make it hard to pic a favorite but "Avenue of Oaks" is tugging the hardest.

I agree with K9Kirk. The cave of trees is my favorite.

All excellent, classy images. The window light in the Wren Building is particularly cool.

Impressive!

I love that frog shot, but the others are excellent too. You are clearly quite a capable photographer.

That is quite a nice set of photos. How did you find the arcade so empty?
Thanks Pete...needless to say, I was shocked to find the arcade practically empty. Now and then I had to wait for a few people to walk through the scene and at the end of my time there some people sat down in front of me. The Cleveland Public Library was the same way--nobody in there at the time. I think it might have had something to do with how many people were leaving town earlier that day...the night before Cleveland hosted the Major League Baseball All-Star game not very far away.
My god, man! Awesome pics, all of them. You make it hard to pic a favorite but "Avenue of Oaks" is tugging the hardest.
Thank you
I agree with K9Kirk. The cave of trees is my favorite.
Thanks Scott
All excellent, classy images. The window light in the Wren Building is particularly cool.
Thank you...it's always nice to come across an unexpected photograph such as that one.
Impressive!
Thanks!
An excellent set.
Thank you
I love that frog shot, but the others are excellent too. You are clearly quite a capable photographer.
Thanks Derrel...much appreciated.

Glenn

All wonderful, but I agree with the choice of the frog!
Thanks Dean...the frog photograph has the distinction of being the only picture of the bunch that was captured without a tripod. It was handheld at a high ISO (something like 2000). I would imagine that I would very much enjoy a trip to Costa Rica where I could photograph some colorful frogs in interesting poses.

Glenn

Awesome photos, every one of them!
Pittsburgh is my favorite city...

Exceptional talent. That frog is amazing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back