My favorite subject...Newborns! How is the white balance, saturation?

KatiaGPhoto

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I've been really excited for newborn shoots this past while, and this one was no exception. She is ADORABLE!!!!!! Cannot get enough of this little bundle of joy!

I am *mostly* finished processing this set, but this one I am wondering about.

I ALWAYS have trouble with babies skin tones. I prefer babies in B&W, but for the color versions I just seem to have trouble. They always look pink/red to me (because they are) but I'm unsure how to deal with it in PP. I've tried a slight desaturation of the reds, but I'm not sure what is the appropriate amount.

I like the contrast between Dad's tanned skin and babies fresh, new, smooth skin, but like I said the red/pink of baby is bothering me. It that just a *me* problem?

As I've said before I am unfortunately working on a laptop screen and there is no way I can afford a better monitor right now, so I'm making due. But this means that things look different depending what degree of tilt my screen has :S

So I'm just wondering how the colors & saturation look to you guys. Any other pointers on elements of the photo that have not been mentioned, are always appreciated as well.

08-25-2012 014 by katiagphoto, on Flickr

View the rest of this set here

Great, thank you! I cannot wait til I am not so poor, would really alleviate a lot of worries when it comes to how the image looks to everybody else, and how it is going to print.

Most reactions

Back