My Favourite Musician

pm63

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I'm not really a portrait shooter, but I recently went to a record signing with my favourite musician, Steven Wilson of Porcupine Tree, at a record store here in London. Something of a candid snap. It isn't exactly a Pulitzer, but there's something about the out-of-focus head in the foreground and the candid nature that makes it appeal to me. Any crits appreciated:

3422405442_9285004050.jpg

Larger on flickr.

i like the idea of the out of focus head too. the only problem is that i didn't know it was a head and puzzled over it till i read your piece. i think if it was a wider shot you could get the effect of him looking at some anonymous fan, but that's lost a bit cause of the extreme closeup of the head. i do like the look he has, intent and interested, but not at the camera, close to the camera but not right at it. cool timing.

i like the idea of the out of focus head too. the only problem is that i didn't know it was a head and puzzled over it till i read your piece. i think if it was a wider shot you could get the effect of him looking at some anonymous fan, but that's lost a bit cause of the extreme closeup of the head. i do like the look he has, intent and interested, but not at the camera, close to the camera but not right at it. cool timing.

Haha, thanks for saying. I guess that this is one of those shots where the photographer understands, but the viewer doesn't really have the same connection to it.

yes, the whole photo really works and yes, he's a great musician.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back