My First 6 months as a photographer...

Thanks so much, everyone. I really appreciate it. I have so much to learn still, but it's nice to hear that you all think I'm on the right track.

As far as the shallow DOF being off on the first pic, I had my doubts about it as well. I actually do have a version were the focus is on the top part. The thing is though, I thought the center of the picture was a lot more interesting because of the texture. The top is almost silhouetted and therefor I didn't think that I really needed to bring attention to it as much.

On the second one, I chose to have the pattern in focus while blurring the foot because I thought that 1. the pattern was interesting, and 2. it gave the foot a bit more of a sensual feel to it...more dreamy in a way. I don't know....maybe I did over think it.

Either way, it is very interesting to hear what others think. It's all definitely food for thought.

Thanks again to all for taking the time.

-Jose S.

i was kinda like "meh" on the first 3--on number 2, i find my eyes wanting to look at her shoes (not the focus) intead of her skirt (the focus) but i absolutly love the feeling four gives me--feels like im eavesdropping on their conversation-very good job on that and i really like 5-everything in it just works for me. good job :)

Yeeeeeeeeesh. Nice pictures. Particularly like the people in the alleyway, but really all are amazing.

Where do you people get off posting in the beginner's forum? :lol:

I've been really humbled today by some of the images on here.

Yeeeeeeeeesh. Nice pictures. Particularly like the people in the alleyway, but really all are amazing.

Where do you people get off posting in the beginner's forum? :lol:

I've been really humbled today by some of the images on here.

Yeah I feel the same way!! I am a lot better at critique than my own photography, LOL. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back