My first attempt at HDR

inTempus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was walking into the office this morning and saw this really cool sky next to a sky scraper that was under construction. For the first time I thought "that would make a great HDR". So I dropped my back pack, whipped out the camera and shot a few bracketed shots.

Here's what I saw:

475807648_TMro2-L.jpg

What do you think for a first shot at HDR? Interesting? Boring? Need some practice (of course!)?

That's not so interesting as it's buried in other buildings.

Yeah I would love to see the whole building. The clouds are pretty cool. I think crop it portrait orientation to get rid of the stuff in the lower right.

ok then. O and I also dont like the halo around the building. DOn't worry its hard to overcome.

That's really good. The clouds actually look like a watercolor.

I dont think that being burried in the other buildings would have been all that bad actually. I think you could have played that up a little bit even. I think seeing that building coming out of other buildings would have been a cool look and would have added to the HDR I am sure.

A little bit more of a crop and some more screwing with the temp and colors.

475818082_D4hLb-L.jpg

I dont think that being burried in the other buildings would have been all that bad actually. I think you could have played that up a little bit even. I think seeing that building coming out of other buildings would have been a cool look and would have added to the HDR I am sure.
Imagine a large, bland wall running from left to right covering most of the lower half of the building (and really close so it would have been blurred) with a really ugly HVAC unit just to the right.

I tried it, and deleted the images. :)

I like the non centered look of the second better.
Thanks. I realized I had centered the thing in frame after the fact. :) All I was thinking about was the sky and the back side of that building that looks like a skeleton.

Hmmmm, love the subject. I think I don't like HDR in general. I've seen varied photos and I just don't get it. It all looks so gothic. Which if you were taking a pic of a creepy church or castle would rock it!
Can I see the original to compare? I think this might help me understand the appeal.

Wow that sky is crazy.

Hmmmm, love the subject. I think I don't like HDR in general. I've seen varied photos and I just don't get it. It all looks so gothic. Which if you were taking a pic of a creepy church or castle would rock it!
Can I see the original to compare? I think this might help me understand the appeal.
I can post the original(s) later, but they're nothing to look at. Mostly over and under exposed.

I can post the original(s) later, but they're nothing to look at. Mostly over and under exposed.

I think this picture would work better as a simple exposure blend of the photos instead of HDR. But I could be completely wrong.

Most reactions

Back