What's new

My first baby shoot!

Baddi89

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jan 23, 2013
Messages
41
Reaction score
29
Location
Iceland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Yesterday I tried photographing a few months old baby for the first time.
I noticed a lot of things I could have done better and different but I used what I got from it and tried to make it work.
I would really like some critique and tips on the pics, and especially the afterwork and what I can do to improve them in LR and/or PS :)

- Baddi

Flickr: Baddi89's Photostream
 

Attachments

  • $IMG_8232-11.webp
    $IMG_8232-11.webp
    1.3 MB · Views: 128
  • $IMG_8303-10.webp
    $IMG_8303-10.webp
    983 KB · Views: 114
  • $IMG_8447-9.webp
    $IMG_8447-9.webp
    945 KB · Views: 119
  • $IMG_8440-8.webp
    $IMG_8440-8.webp
    2.7 MB · Views: 89
  • $IMG_8352-7.webp
    $IMG_8352-7.webp
    1.8 MB · Views: 119
  • $IMG_8295-6.webp
    $IMG_8295-6.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 120
  • $IMG_8291-5.webp
    $IMG_8291-5.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 102
  • $IMG_8283-4.webp
    $IMG_8283-4.webp
    1.7 MB · Views: 91
  • $AggiMaggi-3.webp
    $AggiMaggi-3.webp
    1.4 MB · Views: 109
  • $IMG_8268-2.webp
    $IMG_8268-2.webp
    1.5 MB · Views: 111
The shots arent bad, Im not a huge fan of some of the positioning of them but I like a couple. My only real critique is that the babys face is too soft compared to the really light background of most of the images. I cant tell if its an issue of overexposure or a lack of detail recognition. Either way I think theyre nice but could use just a little work.
 
I think they are mostly nice. The second one is positioned weird, baby looks uncomfortable. The "fur" rug overwhelms the baby in the last 3 shots. Love the idea of the guitar case, just wish little guy was looking at the camera. Not a bad first try. Better than my first try.
 
I think you did a great job although I would have made the photos slightly warmer, they seem a bit cold. Perhaps tweak the white balance, up the temperature just a touch.
 
I really like the B&Ws. I feel like B&W pictures of infants are more meaningful and a lot more dramatic. Definitely some great shots but the black and whites are definitely my favorites
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom