My First Camera

EhJsNe

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im thinking about getting my first camera.

(the one currently use is not very good. It takes forever to turn on and if the batteries are low it just turns right off (if it even takes the batteries). also when i take pictures with the viewfinder it ends up just under 1/3 of the picture lower.

I know for sure I want an SLR because I can customize all the settings for any situation and I can change the lenses for any situation.

I enjoy taking pictures of landscapes, close up things and my friends playing sports. so that would be landscape macro and action. Im pretty sure i need one with a fast shutter speed and high ISO.

Ive spent 2 months looking for the perfect one but there are so many and then once you find a good one its too expensive. I think I want the Canon 400D... if you agree its a good camera please tell me)

Im still in school and dont have a job...so prefferably something I could pay for with money I could make shovelling snow over the winter or mowing lawns when the summer comes.

The Canon 400D it's a good camera, but you have to be careful what lenses you choose, the lens it;s more important than the camera. If you have more money to spare you could even buy the newer camera 450XSI.
There will be nikon guys telling you to get the less expensive D40. It's a good camera too, i don't like that not all the lenses have Auto Focus with the D40.

My advice is to go to your local shop and hold both cameras, biew the settings menu etc, and see what fits best for your needs. Good luck.

well Im not all the old--still in school and my only way of making money is saving my 2 dollars a day in lunch money and mowing lawns/raking leaves and shoveling snow depending on the season.

Right now I have no way of making money other than lunch money (usuallly I end up spending that on antique cameras at the antuque shop) due to the all leaves are raked and the snow hasnt came enough to shovel out of driveways..

Get whatever camera you can afford, and be very very aware that many lenses cost more than the camera they are mounted on. Photography is an expensive hobby so to be honest, if I were in your shoes, I'd get the cheapest camera you can, with the cheapest lens, and learn to use it. Then, when you're ready to upgrade, you'll know what you're doing and what you want to do next.

Most reactions

Back