My First Camera

tom_anderson18

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello, I'm new to the whole photography scene, I've never taken pictures before with the intent of making a good picture usually just family occasions small things where the pictures didn't really matter to a certain extent, but I've always had an interest in photography.

I have no idea on what I need to look for, I figured a DSLR would be the best, however with very little experience on my behalf, I don't know if I should start with a high end regular digital camera.

My Budget is between $200 - $400, maybe a little more

So please give me your opinions

Thanks.

Have you looked at the Canon G11. That is a nice little camera, be perfect for taking some really nice photos without the complications and expense of DSLR's.
In your budget. I saw one this weekend for under $400.

Have you looked at the Canon G11. That is a nice little camera, be perfect for taking some really nice photos without the complications and expense of DSLR's.
In your budget. I saw one this weekend for under $400.

I like the look of that one, however I suppose it's because i'm in the UK but the cheapest I can find one is around $530 + but I will keep that in mind.

I buy all my stuff on the internet, B&H is very trust worthy.
I imagine you will get some more feedback on this from other posters, just my opinion.
I see so many people diving into DSLRs that frankly would have been much better served with a camera like the G11.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back