My first DSLR Picture, I finally got my camera.

CANONizado

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hi guys,

So I finally got my camera, and here is my first DSLR picture. I'm not going to bother you guys posting every pic I take but maybe posting once in a while to check if I'm going in the right direction. I shot this one with my T2i using the kit lens at 1/30 F5.6, I used natural light from a door.

Don't hesitate to critique the heck out my pictures (I'll make this my signature lol)

Mom by CANONizado, on Flickr

Well, you shot it in manual. used a proper ISO for the exposure situation, and got your subject looking in the right direction...

You could have shot in portrait orientation as well, but that will come with time. If this is one of your first shots, I'd say you're on the right track. Keep shooting. :thumbup:

I agree with Tyler. There are a few things that don't work with the picture (the reflections in her glasses for example), but you've got a good exposure and a good composition. Keep at it. You're off to a good start. :)

Wow. I was seriously expecting some crap, because that's what's generally posted in "my first photo" threads. Not bad. Nor read up about lighting and reflections and how to control them. :thumbup:

Not to shabby. Now go take more pictures.

Most reactions

Back