My first go at HDR

banderson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
So this is my first go at that really hyper-realistic HDR look. Any thoughts??

6955178553_09cf3fee9f_b.jpg

6955173903_114455ac45_b.jpg

Nice but did you make the sky b/w or was it unintentional?

I don't see the sky as black and white, but as very cloudy, so it is grey! The colour remains can be seen towards the horizon in the first of the two photos here. And I've seen even more "hyper realistic" HDRs, MUCH more, so these are well within the "limit" (if ever there is one when it comes to art?), I say. Well, what I'm saying pplies to the first a tad more than it does to the second.

I prefer the first. I see you have contained the grainyness that creeps into skies in HDR, which is good. I think overall the top one is a little TOO colourful in a way...the subject would lend itself to a little bit darker treatment, perhaps. But I am still a novice at HDR too :)

Sorry my fault, its just that the sky near the house was brighter than the other part of the sky therefore I felt so.

For an HDR they are too contrasty. And for the sky just add Highlight Smoothing until that grungy look is gone as well as the halos around the roof and chimney.

For an HDR they are too contrasty. And for the sky just add Highlight Smoothing until that grungy look is gone as well as the halos around the roof and chimney.

What I was trying to say

You're getting halos from over processing the images.

You're getting halos from over processing the images.

Not from over processing if anything under processing. He needs to learn how to use the sliders. Also taking the time to process in photoshop, mask one of the original skys in and it will remove the halo very easy.

vipgraphx said:
Not from over processing if anything under processing. He needs to learn how to use the sliders. Also taking the time to process in photoshop, mask one of the original skys in and it will remove the halo very easy.

Aha. Didn't even think about the masking. I'll reprocess when I get back from the movies tonight lol

Ankit said:
Nice but did you make the sky b/w or was it unintentional?

The sky was just like that lol I'll post my middle exposure when I get home. I do see what you mean though.

Oh, one more thing- I just used HDR PRO in Photoshop. Any thoughts about any good plugins, or other programs?

Most reactions

Back