my first good sunset shots

grnmnks8u

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
$15073892592_2cb7017d12_k.jpg .$15074130002_df7ae2383b_k.jpg$15074121162_fbc848bde0_k.jpg1. 1/60s aperture 4.5[] 2.1/400s f8 []3. 1/400s f8 using a wide angle lens, nikon d3200
this is sundial bridge in redding ca, i decided to see what kind of shots i could get during sunset, what do u guys think? i am open to any and all comments, i post on here to try and improve my photography as i have only had my camera for maybe 5 months or so and want to improve. first time using ufraw and gimp to process it also

Last edited:
Very neat structure! It looks like it's slanting just slightly. Looks like it could be a bit brighter, as well.

I like the first one, the third one I think feels like you need more to the left of the frame (almost as if the left got cropped off). The middle one is just really busy, flat, and I don't know what to look at.

I see a fair bit of banding in each of these photos. You say you shot in RAW, did you do something in the editing to end up with the banding problem? Mostly just in the third photo, could easily be smoothed out in an edit since I pretty much only see it in the sky.

I also agree with what was said above: the pictures feel a little dark, the lighting could be edited. A quick exposure increase would help, but if you were willing to go further and do some more intense photoshopping you could make things even more dynamic. The horizons are also a little crooked (as mentioned above), and that's easily correctable.

#1 is fairly good, but there are extra objects near the base kind of spoiling your shot.

thank you all, i will keep your critiques in mind in my future shots

Most reactions

New Topics

Back