My first green screen shoot

The first thing I noticed in the first images, was the blurred tattoo and I didn't like it. Having said that, it does look too static in the 2nd version.

I think it's the arms, and not the tattoo that needs work though. Even in the first one, his elbows don't look blurred, even though the tattoo is. That looks unnatural because while the hands may be somewhat stationary, the elbows would have to be motion to get to this pose.

Maybe try it with more blur on the arms/elbows and less on the tattoo (than the first version).

Good point. The decision to blur the tattoo was made to 1) show motion and 2) mask the imperfection of the ink/drawing. We went to a tattoo parlor and had them draw the tattoo on a piece of carbon paper. Then we used deodorant (speed stick) to paste it to his arm and rub the transfer to his arm. Then with a sharpie it took about 30 minutes to draw the tattoos on. In the end they looked drawn on. <shrug>

If you ever do a tattoo again, may I suggest that you get the tattoo artist to do the skin drawing. Yes it is going to cost some but, as a tattooed person, it is the first thing I noticed and I believe that it would be worth the cost. Just an idea.

you said in your intro that you were selected because of your ability to create "dark" themes, but your picture is really washed out (I see what you were going for, but still.) Constantine is a dark movie, and if you were picked because of your "darkness," don't you think the picture ought to be a little darker?

just my 2 cents.

cool concept though.

There are others in the set, the first pic in this thread just happens to be my favorite. Here's a darker, more gritty one from the set.

664002702_FHGsP-L.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back