My first HDR attempt

jerry 1 a b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well, I just recently discovered that my C-4000 Zoom has a bracketing feature. (I didn't even know what bracketing was until about a week ago)

I set out to capture something interesting, but kept drawing a blank on what to choose for the subject matter. While scratching my head, I went to use the restroom, and low and behold.... a doorstop!

This nick nack is a bit of an art piece by itself, so I thought it'd be perfect. So, I posed it on my chase, with a striped blanket in the background, and even used a blue LED flashlight to get a cool effect.

Next step, search for a good Gimp tutorial on composing an HDR and tada!

NicknackHDR.jpg

While fooling around with some of Gimp's features, I also made this one. It is just a desaturated version of the brightest picture in the group, and then I used curves to get this cool effect.

foolinaroundb.jpg

These are not really in focus... nor do they have the 'dynamic range' that hDR should be used for...

I think maybe you need to work on your HDR effect, maybe try with a different subject and repeate the proces and see how it differs

that doesnt help-please dont be so unhelpful, say what you dont like how the new member can improve there shot.

Sorry-
I like the fact they are experimenting-the picture isnt to my taste but I it is good to practice and play!

Most reactions

Back