480sparky

Chief Free Electron Relocator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
pixels.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
It's probably been 3 or 4 years since I purchased a camera lens (other than some über-cheap toy lenses), but today the mailbox had my latest acquisition inside.......

20190710_145755_resized small.jpg

.....a 7artisans 7.5mm fisheye.

Up until today, I've used a Nikon F-Sony E adapter for my Siggy 8mm circular fisheye. As you can imagine, it was really heavy, clumsy, bulky and awkward.

This little gem isn't much bigger'n than my kit 16-50.

I got it primarily for video, although a quick trip into the back yard for some stills after cleaning it up shows a LOT of purple fringing. Only testing it out will tell if it will work for video, which for me is typically 1080p.

Low-priced, right?

SMALL!!!!

Fun, no?

Of the low cost brand names, "7artisans" is usually lower priced than "Meike" but in most cases "Meike" is worth the extra money (not much extra cost -- they are both very inexpensive). The reviews to watch are "Christopher Frost", "David Thorpe" and "TechnologyMafia". But Fish-eye tends to be more of a "fun" lens, so the flip side is that probably most people are too busy thinking "ooooh, trippy" than noticing the purple fringing.
:)

Of the low cost brand names, "7artisans" is usually lower priced than "Meike" but in most cases "Meike" is worth the extra money (not much extra cost -- they are both very inexpensive). The reviews to watch are "Christopher Frost", "David Thorpe" and "TechnologyMafia". But Fish-eye tends to be more of a "fun" lens, so the flip side is that probably most people are too busy thinking "ooooh, trippy" than noticing the purple fringing.
:)

I purchased it for video. I doubt at 1080p, anyone will be able to tell if there is any purple fringing. 'Cuz I sure can't see any! If I want still, I'll use either of my Siggy fisheyes on the D600.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back