• Another brand...

Results are only viewable after voting.

prayashgiria

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi folks!

I presently use an aging EOS M kit. It's served me well over the last five years, but I am starting to feel the need to invest in a better system, preferably full frame. I primarily shoot architecture, landscapes and travel, with the odd street thrown in. Resolution isn't super important as the occasional prints I sell are rarely more than 3' on the long side. Ihave absolutely no interest in video, and am not averse to a bulky acquisition (though I would like to not lug around a battery of lenses). Having tried out a few FFs, I really feel I could do with the better quality image capture.

Like millions before me, I struggle with which camera to consider. Since I'm saving up from scratch, there isn't really a spending threshold but I think I'd like to not hover too far out from the INR 250,000 mark (USD 3500) for a full set.

I've been a Canon user for a decade now, and it would be nice to stay within the ecosystem. However, I am not tied down with lenses and accessories, so can convert if the purchase is compelling enough.

I've been thinking between the 5Dm4 kit and the 6Dm2 body + 24-70 f2.8 lens (I'm not sure if I'll be able to afford the 5Dm4 body + f2.8 combination). Just wondering if anyone has any thought to spare on the two options...

I've also looked at Nikon (virtually the same as Canon), Sony (jack of all trades but master of none) and Pentax (too scant a support system) alternatives, as well as Fuji's APS-C lineup (beautiful colour rendition as far as my first camera taught me, but I'm keen on a sensor upgrade). While they are all capable cameras, I'm not quite sure if they're worth the straying from my home brand.

Last edited:
Hello and welcome, Canon is not the only camera ?

Panasonic are coming out with a mirrorless full frame so another brand to consider.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

I`d look at all brands of cameras, as the big name companies have all got great cameras out at the moment.

@Jeff15 Canon is just the brand I prefer. I am open to others, but I don't want to make this more complicated than it is as well...

@stapo49 yes, I've been following that. I'm not quite sure about it though as it will still be a first generation model, and Panasonic's support system in India is quite thin.

@Fujidave I did look at other brands but it just created a huge mess in my head and made me obsess over relatively minor differences. In the end I just picked my own brand comfort and also it's prevalence among photographers I followed.

Honestly as you're not after vast resolutions I'd go the f2.8 pathway and get the 6D. I say that because the lens can outlive the camera by decades, whilst the camera body will often be something you upgrade more regularly. The f2.8 lens gives you a wider aperture to work with, helping in both low light conditions and in creative choice that you've got in terms of the aperture range to work with. It's only downside is it will be heavier, but lenses at that size are not obscenely heavier when comparing f4 to f2.8.

There are some good 3rd party options to consider on the lens front if you wanted to expand your budget a bit and perhaps move up, but otherwise the only things I'd add to your shopping list would be items like spare batteries for the camera and a lens-grip (which is invaluable for shooting in portrait aspect)

Stick with Canon. Get yourself a used, wide angle PC lens if your into architecture. I'm not versed on Canon but I trust you have some glass for it.

Most reactions

Back