My first long exposure night cityscape

TransportJockey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.stretchermonkeyphoto.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I went up to the Sandia Crest in ABQ last night to see if I could see the meteor shower, and it was too cloudy... but I wound up playing with my new cable release for my D7000. Any comments on it? Never done one like this before :)

Nikon D7000 and Rokinon 8mm lens

You're not a nerd, you're a life saver. I used to be an EMT-B.

Nice pic. What settings did you use?

Since I'm fairly new in the sense of trying night photography, I think maybe a shorter exposure may show more detail in city lights. The lights look a little washed out in the center. We'll see what the other more experienced members have to say.

You're not a nerd, you're a life saver. I used to be an EMT-B.

Nice pic. What settings did you use?

Since I'm fairly new in the sense of trying night photography, I think maybe a shorter exposure may show more detail in city lights. The lights look a little washed out in the center. We'll see what the other more experienced members have to say.

I was thinking that too the more I look at of. I had it set to f/3.5 and it was a 147 second exposure if I remember right. (On my phone right now) I have a few more that I want to mess with that are a little shorter exposure

Nice shot! Ive done some city long exposures at night. One thing I've been wanting to experiment with is to do the long exposure with my gradual filter darkening the city allowing me to expose more sky, if that makes sense, lol.

Managed to get a little more detail in the city lights...but its marginal given the resolution, etc.

$9503396553_f5943c9f09_o.jpg

Rock-inon, cool, didn't know about that lens. Learned something new :)
I like the fisheye.
I like the clouds giving a moving effect aswel, due to longer shuttertime.

Keep playing with night shots, it's fun to do.

Nice shot! Ive done some city long exposures at night. One thing I've been wanting to experiment with is to do the long exposure with my gradual filter darkening the city allowing me to expose more sky, if that makes sense, lol.
That does make sense. And sounds really cool. If I try this again with my 50 f/1.8 I might have to try that too.
Managed to get a little more detail in the city lights...but its marginal given the resolution, etc.
Nice. I'm still playing with the rest I took that night. I'll post up a couple more soon. If the calls will let me catch a break lol
Rock-inon, cool, didn't know about that lens. Learned something new :)
I like the fisheye.
I like the clouds giving a moving effect aswel, due to longer shuttertime.

Keep playing with night shots, it's fun to do.
Thanks :) I will. It is a lot of fun. And I love this little lens.

null_zps50252639.jpg

Another from that night. Not the best cause if how I had to get it on here lol. I miss Internet access for 48 at a time. This is Santa Fe nm from the same peak.

Most reactions

Back