My first moon...

First! that's my moon. I claimed it in 1958 when I got my first telescope for Christmas...sorry, but find your own moon. Second, the focus is soft. Depending on the lens, manual focus at around f/11 @ 1/250 should get you right on the money. It does depend on the sweet spot of your lens.

First! that's my moon. I claimed it in 1958 when I got my first telescope for Christmas...sorry, but find your own moon. Second, the focus is soft. Depending on the lens, manual focus at around f/11 @ 1/250 should get you right on the money. It does depend on the sweet spot of your lens.

Your moon, well crap. I just bought that exact same moon last week from a door-to-door salesman. He had that moon or some ocean front property north of Little Rock or the Golden Gate Bridge. Guess, I should have bought the ocean front property.

ok come on now we can all share the moon...lol....Ya I noticed it was soft too... I took it with my new Nikon 300mm f4 with a tc14-e II...Im wondering if the converter may be part of the problem I took like 40 shots and this was the best one...It may also be that I took it in my back yard near Portland, Or with much ambient light..... Gonna try again tonight...

Might want to check your focus with that lens. I had one where the back focus was off just a smidgeon. You may want to send it back to Nikon for a check if the problem persists. I use a 70-200 2.8 with the 1.7 tele extender and have no problems at all, even handheld. Oh, also check your viewfinder diopter to see if you're fuzzy there.

Your moon, well crap. I just bought that exact same moon last week from a door-to-door salesman. He had that moon or some ocean front property north of Little Rock or the Golden Gate Bridge. Guess, I should have bought the ocean front property.

I see how it is now...geeze, you get something and everyone wants a share. :D

Might want to check your focus with that lens. I had one where the back focus was off just a smidgeon. You may want to send it back to Nikon for a check if the problem persists. I use a 70-200 2.8 with the 1.7 tele extender and have no problems at all, even handheld. Oh, also check your viewfinder diopter to see if you're fuzzy there.
Are you talking about the actual lens or the converter....The lens is brand new I took some super sharp zoo pics the other day with it, the converter is a "new" factory refurbished copy from KEH I just got yesterday. I think this is operator error mostly I think I just suck at manual focusing. And should I shoot in mirror up maybe as well?

KEH, ehhhh I bought from them once and almost had to go postal for them to refund. Lens had mold on the back element and they said it was form lack of care on my part, except Id only had the lens for one day. They suck in my book. Buy used, buy from B&H.

KEH, ehhhh I bought from them once and almost had to go postal for them to refund. Lens had mold on the back element and they said it was form lack of care on my part, except Id only had the lens for one day. They suck in my book. Buy used, buy from B&H.

Ya I originally bought the tc-14e in like new+ from them it came and AF didn't work so I called and said whats the best one you have that I can upgrade to. They said "a refurbished TC-14 E II". I said "I'll take it", so I send it back and am waiting for my reply so I can pay the difference. A week goes by I call they say they just received it and are processing the order and my rep would call me within 24 hours. So 3 days later I call and the dude says we sent you another tc-14e and that it was of similar quality (which was EX+ btw 2 fulls steps lower in quality) I say "well that's not what I ordered, I was supposed to get a call when the return processed so I could upgrade to the E II". He says "we don't have any record of that, but there is a reserved refurbished TC-14 e II here for a MR. Rick Knight-Rendon. Is that you"....I asked him politely to read the name on the order, to which he replied "OH".....then silence......then.......dial tone and a thundering primal yell. The following conversation resulted in free next day Saturday delivery and a promise from me that I would never buy from them again...

Dunno if this is a good comparison or not as far as sharpness....these are only cropped no editing...top is with TC-14e II bottom with just Nikon 300mm f4...

Most reactions

Back