My first Norwayphoto(s)

Florian

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Wasserflle_Websize.jpg

This is/are my first Norwayphoto(s) I want to show you. It's a panorama photo from the largest waterfall we vistited. I made the photo with photoshop, which was not easy because each photo had a different colour temperature so I had to work very much with the levels of each photo. Although I took every picture with the same zoom, the zoom seems to be a little different. I think a reason could be that I used auto-focus and the focus varied between every photo and so automaticly the zoom varied a little bit, too.
Despite the little mistakes I think this photo represents the atmosphere of this waterfall very well.

Hi Florian and welcome to the forum

Now I like that shot ( shots ) a lot

Hello Florian, and welcome to TPF.

I think it's very cool to see the way the shot was assembled like that. In what part of Norway was the waterfall? (Bergen?)

Florian, now that you know how to work with the layers in Photoshop, you MUST give me lessons! I want to learn that, too, and I have always hoped for a tutor who'd BE here and teach me how to do things ... and as my son ... I mean ... you ARE here, and you COULD teach me that.

Considering that you never had any tripod with you and therefore had to shift positions in the course of taking these three pics, the composite came out nicely!! A pity that waterfall pictures always come without sound. I am sure this one was ROARING.

welcome florian, i love waterfall shots, never seen one stitched like this... I think the atmosphere has come across wonderfully despite sound being muted. ;) tfs!

hello Florian

wonderfull waterfalls in your region
the photo looks like a bit wached out, did you try many exposures time , and using a polariser filter ?

@JTHphoto
What do you mean with tfs?

@erick
No, this waterfalls are not im my region. We don't have so high mountains here in lower saxony.;)
Yes, the photos are a bit washed out. I only took one photo of each part of the waterfall because I was hiking in a group and had no time to try out different exposure times. And unfortunately I don't own a polarise filter.
Also the photos suffered a little bit from playing with the levels to make them fit together.

@all
thanks for your nice replies

Most reactions

Back