My first official hurricane!

Hahah...no, I know for a fact there are ABC Supply stores down there that are for building materials. We have a map with all the locations and phone numbers on it. If I knew what my step-dad did with it, I could tell you exaclty where they were.

mrsid99 said:
Everything here gets hammered badly because the basic designs are so sloppy, the workmanship is diabolical (if you can't fix it by beating it with a big hammer then you're SOL!) and they've never heard the word "maintenance".
Welcome to the South!
I should have got a clue what I was in for when I flew in here and the pilot advised us to set our watches back 50 years.

Thinking about "next time" has me seriously considering moving back to a civilized region where they don't roll up the streets at 6pm and the average IQ is above that of standard room temperature.

Glad you are ok but OWWWWWW!:grumpy: If you don't like the South (and by the way, the rest of the South does NOT claim FL and vice versa) then move. And yes, I'd say that to anyone griping about anywhere they live. Life is to short to do otherwise.

LizM said:
Glad you are ok but OWWWWWW!:grumpy: If you don't like the South (and by the way, the rest of the South does NOT claim FL and vice versa) then move. And yes, I'd say that to anyone griping about anywhere they live. Life is to short to do otherwise.

I'll agree that most of Florida is nothing like this area of the panhandle, local people often call it LA meaning "Lower Alabama" and it seems to fit.
I really like this area and my house, it's just the people and the "culture" that I'm having trouble adjusting to.

Glad you are okay! :)

mrsid99 said:
I'll agree that most of Florida is nothing like this area of the panhandle, local people often call it LA meaning "Lower Alabama" and it seems to fit.
I really like this area and my house, it's just the people and the "culture" that I'm having trouble adjusting to.

The panhandle is another world and LA (lower Alabama) is nothing like most of Alabama. Granted, there are times I wonder how many grades certain people I know missed but for the most part, Alabama has a lot of very caring people - most of them fairly intelligent. :lol:

Just remember - most Southerners will be polite up to the point they are ready to shoot you...and if anyone who looks like Jack Palance says "Now friend..." - RUN!!!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back