What's new

My First Payed Shoot

MatchlessArts

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Sep 19, 2011
Messages
413
Reaction score
83
This was my first shoot I did professionally, here are a few from it.

411325_330258373719780_778085486_o.jpg

169252_330411197037831_553757665_o.jpg

456760_330411293704488_1578609902_o.jpg

177881_330411720371112_552237117_o.jpg
 
Did you do any skin smoothing, by chance? I like the consistency of the processing, but I feel that the skin smoothing is a bit overkill on children.
 
baby is way overexposed in the first couple. It looks like she was a tad bit overexposed to begin with and then you jacked the contrast to the high heavens, which left the background dark and her looking like pure white.

Judging from the shadows, you're shooting at, what, 4 PM? It's dang near impossible to get good lighting that won't completely blow the kids up at that time of day.

I like 3 and 4 a lot, though the light could still be better for both of those.
 
also, are you using selective blur? Seems to be a little unevenly applied in 3, but that could be the crop and rotation?
 
just to add: try not centering your subjects in every shot ;) Cute shots though.
 
is little man wearing eyeliner in the last pic? or did you edit it like that?
 
I really like the first but her skin seems very green in them all. You can add some magenta to help with that.
 
Correct your WB too. At least on the girl, her skin is very green/yellowish.
 
Correct your WB too. At least on the girl, her skin is very green/yellowish.
I thought it was this monitor at work. It is very yellow here.
 
I think you overexposed the first 3. The good news is that mom wont know what to look for and she'll be all over these pics. LOL. I think #4 is ok, but to me it looks more like a snapshot. Try shooting a little before the sun goes down, when the daylight isn't so harsh on your subjects and I think your results will be much better.
 
Keep in mind that you want to make SURE your exposure is right for paid shoots because printing these pictures at Walmart (which I assume a lot of clients do if they get a cd) will result in disaster. The blown out faces of the little girl will be even worse printed in low-quality and you wont even be able to make out her features. I do think you have an eye and your composition seems to be good. I really like the compositions of the 1st and 3rd pictures!
 
Here is a fix I am working on based on your advice everyone. Getting better?

7364170704_4def52ac0c_b.jpg
 
I think that is much better. I won't go into paid expectations and stuff like that. But as for editing...yes..that is much much better to me. Kinda heavy on the color in the lips and black around the eyes though. or it could just be my laptop and the tiny size of the post.
 
Ernicus, any tips on paid expectations? It would really really help.
 
Did you use skin smoothing?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom